Exam stress affects both, the children and parent/s. It is therefore important to manage this – finding ways to eliminate the risk of burnout. During this time is when Bio-Strath is beneficial.
One of the many benefits of Bio-Strath is improved cognitive function, as it allows the brain to function optimally by giving it all the nutrition it needs. Research has proven that by nourishing the brain and body, Bio-Strath contributes to managing stress in the long run..
One of the many solutions to help reduce stress is through meditation – it’s a great way to get your head in the right zone. Using this form of relaxation in conjunction with Bio-strath, your child will be able to do better, naturally!
Help your child do better academically, by trying out any of these relaxation methods just before and after hitting the books:
- Guided meditation. Sometimes called guided imagery or visualization, with this method of meditation you form mental images of places or situations you find relaxing.
Try to use as many of your senses as possible: smell, sight, sounds and textures. As the parent, you may lead this process to give your child all the support they need before they start studying.
- Mantra meditation. In-between studying, they could silently repeat a calming word, thought or phrase to prevent distracting thoughts. You could relate this to the subject your child is studying for, for better results.
- Mindfulness meditation. You focus on what you experience during meditation, such as the flow of your breath. You can observe your thoughts and emotions, but let them pass without judgment. This is most effective after study sessions.
- Yoga. The most common kind of meditation where you perform a series of postures and controlled breathing exercises to promote a more flexible body and a calm mind. Giving your child their daily dose of Bio-Strath every morning and doing yoga sessions with them is a great way to relax their mind before they start studying.
Meditation is definitely not limited to these, and could be any form of relaxing you or your child prefer.
According to Healthline, these are some of the benefits of meditation, to help your child better their focus and concentration during this time.
- Reduces stress
- Controls anxiety
- Promotes emotional health
- Lengthens attention span
- Improves sleep
The great thing is that these benefits don’t end when your meditation session ends. Meditation can help carry you more calmly through your day and may help you manage symptoms of certain medical conditions.
Taking regular breaks from studying and meditating helps your brain to function more effectively and increases your child’s chances of grasping information better.
One of the best ways to meditate is also by listening to music, in-between study sessions or during breaks, that will help you relax, focus and gain insight while listening. We have created a Spotify playlist that could contribute to your child’s meditation, making sure that they enhance their concentration further. You can listen to it here: Playlist 1 and Playlist 2.